It’s been too long since I’ve written a post!! I have been a little busy wedding planning! At the end of June, my love of 8 years got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife!
Best. Day. Ever.
I have actually been calmy coasting through wedding planning, since we set a 2018 wedding date. I didn’t want, or need, wedding planning to be my part time job. I don’t have the financial resources to hire a wedding planner, so I thought I’d actually enjoy this time in my life if I had TIME! So far, I’m loving it!
Since we booked our venue, I thought it’s time to officially ask my girls to stand by my side. I knew I wanted to do a box, but wasn’t exactly sure how to put it together. I decided to go Etsy crazy, and found so many cute things. I ended up spending about $140 for these proposal boxes, which is less than $25 a girl!
Details of whats in the box:
- Mini Champagne, I ordered through totalwine.com because I wasn’t sure where to find them around town. Turns out they happen to be everywhere… even walgreens 😐. I probably could have saved $10 buying them from local stores, lesson learned.
- Custom labels for the champagne bottles, which were super easy to apply, they came with instructions how to remove the original labels, which worked perfectly. LabelWithLove
- Lip balm,in lavender vanilla. She was even sweet enough to include a regular lip balm stick for me, in pumpkin spice! BitterWilloughby
- Push pop confetti, I didn’t have a good experience receiving this item, so I won’t name call here, but they work and are super cute so that’s a plus!
- My favorite item, The bride and bridesmaid drawing, these are so adorable I would highly recommend them! They are 5×7 on nice satin paper. I just love them! JesMarried
- The date card and dress card I made myself with Microsoft Publisher. Super easy. Had them printed out at Walgreens.
- I can’t say I do without you I also made with white card stock, floral card stock, and my Cricut machine. I used the cut feature for the flowers, which I glued flower card stock underneath and used the pen feature with metallic gold to write “I can’t say I do without you” .
- The names and arrows on the lid I also did myself on my Cricut. This is cut out foil vinyl which I absolutely love. This is copper color and I couldn’t be more pleased with how they turned out.
- Last but not least, the boxes are from hobby lobby, they are picture boxes. I went for 6 days in a row and used my 40% coupon to get these for $2.40 each
I haven’t given these out yet, but I really can’t wait to see my girls open them! I hope they love them as much as I do!